Invest in St. Jude's Future
St. Jude's Anglican Home was established as a registered non-profit Society in 1948. St. Jude’s is an independent organization and does not have any formal funding relationship with the Anglican Church.
Operational funds for staffing and supplies are covered though funding from Vancouver Coastal Health and the user fees paid by residents. Capital replacement expenses are not covered.
Our donors play a major role in raising the necessary funds to support Capital replacements. Over the next 4 years Capital expenses will cost approximately $750,000. The projects that need to be completed are:
- The bathing room on the second floor is obsolete and institutional, we have raised $7,000 total towards the $15,000 cost
- The special bathtub on the main floor west is past its lifespan and parts are not available. Cost to replace (including installation and modifications), $25,000
- Our 2 elevators require, in total, $280,000 over the next two years
- HVAC equipment (heating, ventilation, pumps, units, condensers) all have a lifespans, replacements will cost $112,000
- The exterior of the building is due for painting, $31,500
- Industrial clothes dryers in the laundry cost $11,000 each (we have and need 2)
If you would like to discuss giving opportunities with one of our Board Fundraising Committee Members please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Executive Director, Michele Cook, at email@example.com or 604 874-3200 ext. 242. Our Committee members are Joanne Fawcett, Heather Martin, Betony Rowland and Sandey Berry.
If you would like more ideas, the following directly support residents’ quality of life:
- A new ‘Smart’ TV for second floor, $1,000 (to access Google, Netflix, Skype to contact family members…)
- Replace resident room windows (where the seals are broken), $500 per room, so residents can fully enjoy the beautiful neighbourhood and nature that surrounds us
- Extra entertainment such as concerts, performers, dance groups. $400 per month
Thank you for your generous support of our wonderful Home! We like to thank our donors publically. If you do not wish to be publically acknowledged, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Donate
By cheque:Please make your cheques payable to :
St. Jude's Anglican Home
810 West 27th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 2G7
By credit card:
St. Jude’s Anglican Home Society Endowment Fund
Another way to support St. Jude's is to make a donation to our endowment fund. This fund was established in 1991 and is managed by the Vancouver Foundation. The principle of all donations remains with the fund and these are invested. The Foundation provides St. Jude's with the interest from the fund on a regular basis. Please contact the Vancouver Foundation directly for assistance in donating to our Endowment Fund at 604-688-2204 or visit their website at www.vancouverfoundation.ca
The endowment fund ensures that donations will be benefiting the residents of St. Jude's Anglican Home for years to come.
Protection of Personal Information Policy
St. Jude's Anglican Home collects and uses only personal information that is necessary for providing care to our residents, for meeting our employee/employer obligations or for raising funds to enhance care. Information is used and disclosed solely for the purpose for which it was intended. The Administrator is the designated Privacy Officer and can be contacted at 604-874-3200 Ext. 242 with any concerns or for a copy of the complete policy.