St. Jude’s Anglican Home was established as a registered non-profit society in 1948. The society’s sole mission is to support the works of the care facility. Operational funds for staffing, supplies and some building costs are paid by Vancouver Coastal Health Authority and the user fees paid by the residents
Money donated by the friends of St. Jude’s is used to give the residents the quality of life they so deserve.
We have several projects we are raising funds for in 2016/2017:
- Replacement of the Special Care Unit flooring: The flooring is old and bubbling which is a safety issue. $10,000 has been raised so far but we will need 2 more $10,000 increments to complete the entire second floor area.
- Art lessons: We would like to start art lessons in 2017. The goal is to have the instructor in 12 hours per week, working with groups and individuals. This has been a very effective medium for people suffering from advanced dementia. ($360 per week)
- Two "facility-grade" recliners for second floor residents to sit back and put their feet up ($2000 each)
- Replace resident room windows where the seals have broken and the window is "foggy" ($200 per window)
- Support "extra" special entertainment ($175 per event)
- Enhancements to the bathing rooms (various amounts as we will upgrade in stages)
How to Donate
By cheque:Please make your cheques payable to :
St. Jude's Anglican Home
810 West 27th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 2G7
By credit card:
St. Jude’s Anglican Home Society Endowment Fund
Another way to support St. Jude's is to make a donation to our endowment fund. This fund was established in 1991 and is managed by the Vancouver Foundation. The principle of all donations remains with the fund and these are invested. The Foundation provides St. Jude's with the interest from the fund on a regular basis. Please contact the Vancouver Foundation directly for assistance in donating to our Endowment Fund at 604-688-2204 or visit their website at www.vancouverfoundation.ca
The endowment fund ensures that donations will be benefiting the residents of St. Jude's Anglican Home for years to come.
Protection of Personal Information Policy
St. Jude's Anglican Home collects and uses only personal information that is necessary for providing care to our residents, for meeting our employee/employer obligations or for raising funds to enhance care. Information is used and disclosed solely for the purpose for which it was intended. The Administrator is the designated Privacy Officer and can be contacted at 604-874-3200 Ext. 242 with any concerns or for a copy of the complete policy.